Monday, June 28, 2010

Cafe Rio Pork mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Cafe Rio Pork

3 lbs pork
8 oz salsa
6 oz coke (I use rootbeer, still great)
1 1/2c. brown sugar
Place pork in crock pot and fill 1/2 way up the pork with water. Cook on high for 3-4 hrs. Drain off water. Cut pork in thirds. mix together sauce ingredients and put on top of pork. Cook an additinal 1-2 hrs o high. Shred pork with forks. Return to the crock pot and leave on low until ready to serve.
(I cook just pork with water all day on Sat., drain at night put in fridge; then on Sunday before church I add all sauce and shred it and its done when I get home)

Lime-Cilantro Rice

2T. oil
1 lb. long grain rice(about 2 1/2 cups)
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 3 limes
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Heat oil in large skillet. Add rice, cilantro, and garlic. Saute 3-5 min. stirring frequently. Add 4 cups water and lime juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed by hte rice.(about 20min.)

Creamy Tomatilla Dressing

1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Buttermilk Dressing
1c. Buttermik
1c. Mayonnaise
(or istead of the top 3 I just used 2 cups of ranch from the fridge)
3 tomatillas(look like green tomatoes (a must!)
2 cloves of garlic
1c. fresh cilantr
1/2 t. cayanne pepper

-blend all ingredients in blender.


Salad

1 can black beanc
grated cheese
shredded lettus

Enjoy!
KayCee Tanner

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds sooo totally delicious! Yummy! Thanks for the comment on the blog. When should we come??? ;)

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

yummy!!! Thanks I'll have to try this soon. :)

Valerie Christensen said...

Thanks for posting!