Monday, August 24, 2009

Yet another reason to Thank the Lord......

Our family took a trip to Brian Head, Utah. While we were there we wanted to experience the outdoor life which to me is “SMORES”, but we did other things too. We did not camp outside because…… well just because. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. Joe and Raylene joined us and stayed in the third room. We drove a six-seater side by side and the kids had a ton of fun on it. The back seat is very dusty though. I was actually surprised at how smooth it was. Never want to rent four wheelers when side by side’s are available. Anyways gettin off track. Back to the reason to thank the Lord. This is the second time Daxton’s life was not taken. First time was when KayCee was first pregnant and we were told she had a miscarriage and she was going to get a DNC and the doctor felt he should do another ultra sound that morning before surgery and we saw Daxton. Second time was at Brian Head. We were just finishing up with the camp fire and Joe (KayCee’s Brother) and I (Joshua) were determining how we should be sure the fire would not start again. The stream(that felt like a river) was close so we decided to use the water from it using an empty powerade bottle and two of the kid’s bowls. Daxton wanted to help so he used an empty Gatorade bottle. He was showing us that he was a big boy now. Joe and I put the last bit of water on the fire and were starting to help pack things up in the car. Suddenly, we here a sound that KayCee and I will never forget. A terrified scream, HELP! We looked around and heard once again HELP! But even more terrified. “Where is Daxton”, KayCee asked. I ran to the stream and there he was hanging on for dear life to something. Water splashing into his face and the look of pure pleading. I jumped down into the river and grabbed him under his arm and hoisted him up out of the water. Soaking wet we started up the hill and poor Gavin followed me so I swooped him up in my other hand and got away from the stream. Setting Gavin on the ground and Daxton on the picnic table. We asked Daxton later on what he grabbed onto and he said a rope. When you see the picture you can see the stick that he grabbed onto. The lord could have easily taken him down the stream and away from us. Instead he gave Daxton the strength to hold on and scream for help. Daxton is meant to be here for a special reason, KayCee stated to me and I agreed. Thank you once again Lord for blessing us.






2 comments:

Misty Christensen said...

That is completely insane. We have had a few experiences like that. I thank the Lord daily for our blessings and safety.

The Barnum Family said...

What a scare! So glad he wasn't hurt.